Marinated Beef Tenderloin with Greek Horseradish Sauce is a thing of beauty and bulk.
Don’t be intimidated, because beef tenderloin is so easy to make you can do it blindfolded.
This is due to the marinade cooked up out of ingredients you most likely have in your cupboard; cooking time is a breeze too.
If you want cooking to rhyme, feel free to use some thyme (rosemary is not necessary).
Seasoned cooks sprinkle a bit extra on top for just in case, since spices have no salt and are rich with antioxidants.
Horseradish sauce is so creamy and dreamy, so do include it in the recipe.
Sour cream and yogurt were used in this instance, but mayonnaise slides down the chute just as well.
Meat varies in thickness from one cut to another, so a meat thermometer will help quite a lot.
Below you’ll find temperature ranges for doneness based on how blue you want your meat.
- 120º to 125º: rare
- 130º to 135º: medium-rare
- 140º to 145º: medium
Creamy, smooth texture in this recipe is all due to Greek yogurt. Plain, full-fat plain Greek yogurt is pretty much the best option but alternatives are OK too – Icelandic plain yogurt (skyr) comes in the full-fat form in many shopping outlets.
Low-fat and non-fat types taste just like you would imagine a rejected yogurt product would so skip them.
They won’t help with ketosis either because they’re typically loaded with sugar to offset the loss of fatty taste.
For the Beef Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic smashed
- 2 tbsp Whole-Grain Mustard
- 1 tsp Rosemary dried
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 tbsp Red Vinegar
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 1/2 lb Beef Tenderloin
For the Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Juice of Lemon
- Kosher Salt
- In a large container combine all ingredients, and add meat.
- Cover the lid and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 F/220 C.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove meat from marinade and pat dry with kitchen paper towel.
- Season meat generously with the salt and pepper.
- Place meat in a prepared baking sheet and roast for about 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare.
- Use a meat thermometer to check doneness.
- Allow to cool down for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In the meantime, combine all ingredients for the sauce.
- Slice meat and serve with the sauce.
Want To Try The Keto Diet?
If you want a new custom meal plan you can access it here. Custom Keto Diet Plan is a personalized keto diet plan that customizes the keto diet just for you, based on your goals, tastes, body type and lifestyle.
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 28-Day Keto Challenge which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first month. Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Women who have followed The 28-Day Keto Challenge reported losing up to 21 pounds and 2-4 inches from their waist in just a matter of 4 weeks—the methods in The 28-Day Keto Challenge are all backed by science.
Check out this video on The 28-Day Keto Challenge now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 28 days.